Village of Caledonia 6922 Nicholson Road, Caledonia, WI 53108

Permits & Licensing

Requirements For Outdoor Events

Planning Ahead For Your Event

It is important that you plan ahead. Some approvals can be obtained almost immediately. Others can take 4-6 weeks or longer because of the number of permits and approvals required and the number of different agencies involved. The village will work to help you expedite the approvals.

Important Phone Numbers For Approvals:
Caledonia Village Hall, 262-835-4451
Police Chief, 262-835-4423
Fire Chief Richard Roeder, 262-835-2050
Open Burning Permit Line, 262-835-4357
Health Department Sanitarian, 262-898-4460
Franksville Park Director, 262-886-0352 
Racine County Planner Julie Anderson, 262-886-8478

Caledonia Code of Ordinances and Regulations can be obtained at the Village Hall or on this website under Village Rules and Regulations.

Beer & Wine (Temporary) (click for application) - Must be a bona fide club, association, lodge or societ.

Amusement Parks and Carnivals - Request must be in writing to the Village Board. Requires a $150.00 fee. A public hearing on the application is required. To begin application contact the Village Clerk at 835-6415. Visit Caledonia Code of Ordinances, Title 7, Chapter 12 for more information.

Fireworks (click for application) - A permit is required to discharge fireworks and is issued by the Village President only. Permits may be issued only to a public authority, park board, fair association, civic organization, amusement park, agricultural producer.

Food Services Regulations - All inquiries are to be made to the Health Department, 835-6429. This requires a case-by-case anaylsis and decision. Call for an appointment.

Music, Amplified & Live - Loud music is prohibited unless event obtains a permit from the Caledonia Police Department, 835-4423.

Temporary No Parking Requests - Approval from the Police Chief (835-4423) will review request for temporary no-parking and refer recommendations to the Village Board.

Park Shelters

Open Burning/Recreational Fires - Approval: Same day approval is possible of weather permits. Call the Caledonia Fire Department burining permit line (835-4357) for approval. Recreational, ceremonial and cooking fires have not time limit and do not need approval, depending on weather conditions.

Street Closure (Temporary) - permit fee is $10.00.  Submit written request to Caledonia Village Hall, 6922 Nicholson Road, Caledonia, WI 53108.  Approval is made by the Police Chief, 835-4423.

Tents - No permit is required. Racine County may require a temporary occupancy permit depending upon use (contact Racine County Planning and Zoning Department (886-8440).
Inspection: An occupancy inspection is required for tents used for commercial or public events, and by request for private events. Call Caledonia Fire Department (835-2050).
Requirements apply to tents for commercial and public events, and for safety reasons, are recommended for tents at private gatherings.

  • Tent of 1500 sq. ft. or more must be located at least 20 ft. from any other structure or adjoining property lines.
  • Tent must be certified as flame resistant
  • Smoking not permitted in the tent
  • Tent required to have two unobstructed exists at or near opposite ends (sides-up satisfy this requirement).

Special Event Permit Application (for Alcohol Licensed establishments only)
Transient Merchants Application (Door-to-Door Sales)

Building Permits:

Building Permit
Electric Permit
Plumbing Permit
Building/Engineering Fee Schedule

Engineering Permits

Asphalt Permit 
Ditch Enclosure Permit
Fence Permit  
Land Disturbance Permit  
Holding Tank Permit
House Moving Permit
Oversized Garage Permit  
ROW Road Access Permit  
ROW Utility Work Permit
Subdivison Stewardship Plan
Building/Engineer Fee Schedule

Fire Department

Fire Protection/Control System Permit Application

Liquor Licenses

Original Alcohol Beverage Retail License Application
Renewal Alcohol Beverage Retail License Application
Auxiliary Questionnaire
Schedule for Appointment of Agent by Corporation/Non-Profit Organization for Limited Liability Company
Soda & Non-Intoxicating Beverage Application
Cigarette and Tobacco Application
Wisconsin Alcohol Beverage and Tobacco Laws for Retailers 
Temporary Beer and Wine Application 
Bartender License Application
Temporary Bartender License Application