Village of Caledonia 5043 Chester Lane, Racine, WI 53402

Frequently Asked Questions

Yard Waste Drop-Off Site is Open

The Yard Waste Drop-Off Site opens the last Wednesday in March and closes the last Sunday in November.

Please note that only the following items will be accepted:

  • Grass Clippings
  • Brush/Branches - maximum 20" diameter and 6' long
  • Leaves

NO CONTRACTORS!  Must be a Village resident, picture ID is required.

LOCATION:  6900 Nicholson Road (west of the Safety Building)
HOURS OF OPERATION:    Wednesday:  1:30pm-7:00pm
                                                 Saturday:  10:00am-4:00pm
                                                  Sunday:  11:00am-5:00pm

Open Burning/Recreational Fire Approval

Same day approval is possible for Open Burning if weather permits. Call the Caledonia Fire Department burning permit line (835-4357) for approval. Recreational, ceremonial and cooking fires have not time limit and do not need approval, depending on weather conditions.

When are property tax payments due?

  • First installments were due by January 31, 2017 payable to the Village of Caledonia
  • Second installments are due by July 31, 2017 payable to the Racine County Treasurer

Payments must be postmarked by January 31, 2017 to be timely.  After that date, payments are ONLY accepted at the Racine Country Courthouse.

Racine County Tax Inquiry or to change your mailing address:

Where can I take my unwanted electronics?

E-CYCLE DAYS 2017   ***Saturday, August 26  10am-noon***
Disposal of electronics no longer allowed in landfills. All items will be collected for free with an exception of $25 per TV and $10 per CRT Monitors at 6900 Nicholson Road by the Yard Waste site.

Electronic Items Include: *Desktop computers * Laptops * Printers *Fax machines * Scanners * Copiers *Video display devices *Monitors *Keyboards & mice *Hard drives *Flash drives *External modems * Other computer devices * DVD *VCR *DVR *Video
****There will be a charge of $20 per TV****      ​***There will be a charge of $10 per CRT Monitor***

Johns Disposal is a registered collector of electronics for the state of Wisconsin.  Johns would be happy to collect your electronics for a fee.  Please call Johns Disposal to arrange pick up (262) 473-4700; (888) 473-4701


  • Desktop computers, laptops
  • Printers, scanners, copiers
  • Video display devices, monitors, televisions
  • Keyboards, mice, hard drives, flash drives, external modems & other computer devices
  • Fax machines
  • DVD, VCR, DVR & Video

Does the Village provide an animal control service?

Unfortunately, the Village does not provide such a service. There are several private companies in the area that may be able to assist your needs. If you have immediate concerns for the wildlife in your area, you may contact the DNR at 262-884-2300.

Local providers that may be able to assist you:

When do I need to license my dog?

All dogs must be licensed in the Village by January 31, 2017 or a late fee of $10.00 will be charged.
Proof of vaccination must be provided and include the date given, manufacturer and lot number.

  • Altered Dog:      $15.00
  • Unaltered Dog:  $25.00
  • Sight or Helping Dogs are Free 

Can I have livestock on my property?

'Livestock' means cattle, equine, swine, sheep, goats, farm-raised deer and other such animals susceptible to use for commercial purposes, including domesticated fowl, such as chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks, guineas or other poultry. There are minimum parcels sizes in which you can have livestock. If your parcel is zoned agricultural, you may start having livestock at 2 acres and 5 acres for Residential. Call the Village Hall at 262-835-4451 to inquire about how many units of livestock you may have on your parcel. This number is dependant in the total number of acres.